Tuesday, November 1, 2011
5 Ways to Renew Your Passion
1. Museums – If you find a good one, its a great way to find inspiration. I think true art reproduces itself in the minds and hearts of other artist as they gaze upon a beautiful creation. (My poetic twist) I recently went to the Dallas Museum of Arts and thought for a moment that I would just admire the art, but something else happened. I left with an immense feeling of inspiration and I immediately wanted to dance, write and get out of me what was stirred up on the inside.
2. Water – Find a river, ocean or lake. Allow yourself to sit and think. For some reason the sound of water calms the soul. When your soul is calm you can think and hear clearly.
3. Attend a motivational/inspiration conference that will teach you a NEW skill. I recommend it being in the field of your passion rather than your occupation. More things will begin to come to you when your passion is stirred.
4. Pray – God created you and He knows exactly how you function. I think prayer is a great way to ask God to show you signs into your identity. You are the best you when you function in your “lane”. That is the way the creator made you and not how you think people want you to be.
5. Exercise – Have you ever felt “blah” before exercising and after you felt like you could conquer the world. Exercising is a great way to get your blood flowing. As your blood starts to flow, you will get more oxygen to your brain and your whole body. When you feel better, you think better, and you are able to continue on your current endeavors or start brand new. It’s never to late, too old or too wrong to start new!